Muktinath is one of the main temples of the Vaishnava sect. This shrine is famous for Lord Shaligram. Shaligram is actually a holy stone that is considered revered in Hinduism. It is mainly found in the Kali Gandaki River flowing towards Nepal. The area in which Muktinath is situated is known as 'Mukti Kshetra'. According to Hindu religious beliefs, this is the area where people attain liberation or salvation. The journey to Muktinath is quite difficult.
A large number of Hindu religious people come here for pilgrimage. During the journey, a large part of the Himalayan mountain has to be crossed. It is one of the remote pilgrimage centers of Hinduism.
Muktinath is also an important place for Buddhists. Through this place Padmasambhava, the great Buddhist monk of the North-Western region, went to Tibet for the propagation of Buddhism.
108 sacred water spouts are flowing with icy cold water where devotees take a quick bath. Nearby is the temple of Jwala Mai, or the Goddess of Flame, with an extraordinary underground blue flame. Muktinath is the only place on earth where you can find all five elements – Fire, Water, Sky, Earth, and Air. They were found in their own form at the place near Jwalamai Devi Temple. Thus, is known as Sri Murthy Mahatmyam.
Best time to travel to Nepal for Muktinath Darshan
The best time to travel to Muktinath is from March to June and September to November. During these time, the weather will be clear and snowcapped mountains can be seen closely.
How to reach Muktinath Temple
Muktinath can also be reached in a day by helicopter via Pokhara-Muktinath road or Jomsom route. This route has reduced the traditional climbing route to some extent. But even today common people prefer climbing to Muktinath. At the time of climbing, two different paths meet, which merge at a place called Tatopani near the Kali Gandaki River. Along the way, private lodges are usually found at all places to stay. These lodges provide all the basic facilities.
Tour Itinerary for Muktinath Temple Darshan from Kathmandu
Day 01: Kathmandu Sightseen
- Arrival at Kathmandu. We will welcome you at Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer to Pokhara by private cab.
- A brief description of your tour plan.
- Sightseen tour in Kathmandu
- Transferred to the hotel.
- Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Transferred to Pokhara | Pokhara Arrival
- We will pick-up you from your hotel in Kathmandu and transfer to Pokhara by private cab. The road distance from Kathmandu to Pokhara is 205 km via Prithvi Hwy which takes approx 6hr to reach Pokhara.
- Sightseen tour in Pokhara
- Transferred to hotel
- Overnight stay in Pokhara
Day 03: Fly Pokhara to Jomsom by flight
- In the early morning, if the weather is clear we fly to Jomsom.
- Transfer to Hotel in Jomsom where you will take rest for some hour.
- Muktinath Temple Darshan and return to the hotel.
- Overnight stay in Jomsom.
Day 04: Fly back from Jomsom to Pokhara
- After your breakfast, you will fly back to Pokhara and transfer to your hotel.
- Transferred to hotel arrival and Local Visit full Day and take Night Stay AT Hotel
Day 05: Departure from Pokhara to Kathamndu
- Transferred to Kathmandu
- Transfer to Kathmandu Airport
- Stay in 3-star hotel in Kathmandu, Pokhara, and Jomsom
- Private cab for a sightseeing tour.
- Toll parking and taxes.
- Driver Allowance
- Airfare from Pokhara to Jomsom.
- ACAP fee for Jomsom.
- Transportation from Jomson to Muktinath by non-a/c jeep.
Cost does Exclude:
- Personal expenses.
- Entrance/Monument Fees during sightseeing at Pokhara and Kathmandu.
- Darshan and puja expenses.
- Expenses incurred due to Medical evacuation, mishaps, landslides, strikes, political unrest, etc.
- Extra expenses in the case of Jomsom/Pokhara flight cancellation.
- Horse to explore at Muktinath.
- For ACAP permit 2 passport-size photographs and a Passport/PAN card photocopy are required. ACAP fee is included in the tour cost.
- The company reserves the right to cancel/postpone the flight in case of bad weather or any technical/emergencies.
- The pilot-in-command has the full authority to decide on the passenger weight, flight route and ground time at Muktinath due to safety reasons.